Be ye strong and of good courage, be ye not afraid, do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you, wherever you go.



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fear

Tomorrow I have to face one of my biggest fears, (I'm not going into detail, but I'm pretty scared) It seems like if you let it, fear can get a hold of you and really take over your life. I've been dreading tomorrow for almost two weeks, but fear really kicked in on Monday, I started freaking out and getting really worried. I also found a way to overcome fear, first I read the Bible, Joshua 1:9 has been a favorite verse of mine for along time, I started there, and ended up in Isaiah 40:30, another favorite of mine. Then I prayed and gave the whole situation over to the Lord, and asked him to replace the feelings of fear, with peace. I also went to several friends and requested prayer from them, we can't face these battles alone, but the Lord says : when two or three are gathered in my name, here I am. I can't truthfully say that I'm not anxious about tomorrow, but I do feel a whole lot better about the whole thing. I've found that when I focus completely on the Lord, the fear leaves me and I am calm. I am very thankful for a God who listens to my prayers and answers them!

Hannah~

No comments:

Post a Comment