Be ye strong and of good courage, be ye not afraid, do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you, wherever you go.



Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy September!!

I can't believe it's September! I say that every year, but it's true, it ALWAYS sneaks up on us. For us, September 1st marks the beginning of fall, the summer harvest is almost done, we're getting ready to start school, the apples start coming in, and the air changes. It just has this fall feel to it, it's hard to explain but it's there.

 I think Autumn is my favorite season, harvest is almost done for the year, schools starting up again, there's that crispness to the air. It's the season of apple picking, leaves falling, beautiful colors, chilly air, peach pie, and apple cider. Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but yes, autumn is definitely my favorite season.

I love coming inside from the chilly air, not cold, just chilly, and smelling bread in the oven, I love pressing gallon after gallon of fresh apple cider, and sharing jokes and stories with friends and family the whole time, I love the way the leaves fall off of the trees, and cover the fields with patches of color, I love going out and raking the yard with the younger kids, and burying them in piles of leaves. I love walking outside barefoot, and feeling the crunch of leaves, and then running inside before I freeze, I love having my birthday this time of year, it's so perfect outside, just cool enough to be chilly, but not so much that its cold.

 And I love being a country girl, experiencing fall in the country. Fresh bread baking, apple picking, quilting, pressing apple cider, fires in the fireplace, the smell of fresh cut wood on the porch, gathering the eggs before they freeze in the coop, seeing open fields covered in leaves, those are some of the best things, the simple, everyday things in our life, that make it so beautiful.

Hannah~

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to spend an autumn in the country! It sounds so beautiful. :) And probably a lot better than here with our tiny little yards. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Hannah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    | |
    |______________|
    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gracy! Anne N. you should sometime, it's nice. Although Autumn anywhere is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete