Be ye strong and of good courage, be ye not afraid, do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you, wherever you go.



Monday, August 22, 2011

Wasn't it just last week that I said I was back?? well, since I said that, we now have five MORE family concerts scheduled! When we started this whole playing music together thing, 5 years ago, I don't think any of us imagined adding 6 violins, 3 guitars, a banjo, a mandolin, a keyboard and a stand-up bass to our living room decor! (In addition to our baby grand piano of course) Yeah, as you can imagine, things get pretty crazy around here when everyone is "practicing" at the same time ;) I guess we should be thankful for this opportunity to share the love of Jesus with lots of people who might otherwise not hear about him (we do mostly christian songs, lots of hymns) but wow, sometimes we seem a little to busy!

Other than music, which seems to be taking over my life right now (not that that's a bad thing) I've been trying to get organized for the coming school year. Somehow, despite my diligent effort (riiiightt ;) ) my desk and books always seem to become a hopelessly disorganized mess over the summer months, must be that invisible troublemaker that lives in the wall, right? (It's kind of a joke around our house that the invisible troublemaker who lives in the wall comes out at night and makes messes and does bad things, I can't remember who came up with it, but he often gets blamed for things like crayon on the walls, etc... ;) ) Anyways, I always like the beginning of a new school year, there's something exciting about a brand new schedule and new books and new things to learn after a summer of little structure and lots of crazy, fun times.

I have to go now, time to rehearse our stuff. I'm trying to stay on top of this blog now though, it's like once I sit down and start writing, I don't want to stop (which could be a bad thing...) but actually sitting down to write, that's the hard part :)

Hannah~

No comments:

Post a Comment