Be ye strong and of good courage, be ye not afraid, do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you, wherever you go.



Friday, August 12, 2011

I'm back!!!!

Yes, after 6 weeks of crazy busyness, (not that it's going to be stopping...) I'm back! I apologize, but with us being gone every weekend since late June, I haven't had much time to be on the computer.

This summer our family has/is participating in 5 weddings, a Music Camp, a Church Camp, and 5 family concerts. One of the weddings was in WI so you can imagine how that went, getting 9 people there, with all of the necessary items needed for travelling with little kids, and participating in a wedding. Very interesting trip :P
So that's where I've been.

Soooo, first things first, Gracie's doing a lot better, she's still not herself but much better. She's laughing at a joke my dad told her right now :)

The weather has been so nice this summer compared to the rest of the country, I think the hottest it's been so far was 96 and no humidity. We're lovin' it!!

Oh, this is really cool, (in my opinion) I learned how to play guitar this month!! I've been watching my dad and brother for a long time and so one day I had a lot of time before I needed to do anything so I looked up a few chords online and practiced for a few weeks and now I can accompany in almost any key!! (ahh, the magic of a capo* :P) I'm really excited about that because in family concerts, the fiddle can't really back up other instruments and singing, just do lead, so that's going to be fun.

Well, tomorrow we're off to another wedding, it's local though and it should be a lot of fun, we know a lot of the people coming in for it so we're excited. I've got to go practice my songs and then help get ready, so I'll finish my updating of my summer hopefully tomorrow or Sunday :)


***for those of you that don't know, a capo is something that clips onto your guitar and shortens the strings so that you can play the same chords but in a different key (in other words, I really know about 8 chords but I can use the capo to play in all of the different keys)

Hannah~











No comments:

Post a Comment