Be ye strong and of good courage, be ye not afraid, do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you, wherever you go.



Monday, January 9, 2012

My Friend Joshua

Some of you know Joshua, or Josh, he's my friend in Montana, I've maybe talked about two of his siblings, Rebecca and Caleb, anyway, I say he's my friend, he's really a family friend, but we were pretty close. (in a appropriate relationship type thing, not like boyfriend girlfriend at all)

About a week and a half ago, Josh was driving on the highway in rural Montana, and a semi lost control and they had a head on crash. Josh was taken to the hospital in a coma, and the doctors said they were not optimistic at all. He hung on for a long time, defying the odds again and again. First they said he wouldn't live through the night, then through the next day, etc... He hung on until Sunday morning, when he went to be with the Lord.

I know he was a strong christian, *laughs* we were always debating some little thing, -I think its interesting how people can be friends, but always arguing- and his first response was always well, what does the Bible say about it? or something like that. I know for a fact that knowing Joshua challenged me in several areas, he was a little like my older brother in some respects, (encouraging me, challenging me, teasing me..... ) and It's kind of shaken me up a little.

We've all lost an amazing son, brother, and friend, but our loss is heavens gain. I'll miss you Joshua,
I'll miss our debates, and our ongoing competition over everything.
Our late night conversations about things way to deep for that time of night,
I'll miss playing ultra competitive ping-pong, and riding the 4 wheeler way too fast,
I'll miss you awesome grasp of life, and that sense of encouragement that you always have.
I'll miss you playing guitar to back me up, even when you don't really want to.
And yes, I'll even your teasing me about being a midget, since you were nearly a foot taller than me.

I'm so happy for you though, getting to experience heaven, I guess that's one thing you did beat me at, getting to be with the Lord first. Don't have to much fun without me!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, what a sweet post about him, you guys were such good friends. Thanks for answering last night, I needed that.

    Love and hugs,

    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,
    You're seriously going to miss him teasing you midget? Cause I could take over.. :P

    Awesome post, Josh would have liked it.

    Are you guys coming for the service?

    Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys,

    @Becca, Thanks, and no problem! That's what friends are for.

    @Caleb, be quiet. I'm a month older, remember?

    Hopefully we will, it's a week from Thursday right? My cousins getting married that Sat. But I think we're going to be there.

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know any of them, but I'm praying for Josh and his family, and for you too.

    And if you need someone to bug you. .>:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I appreciate it.


    ...and no, that's okay :P

    ReplyDelete