Be ye strong and of good courage, be ye not afraid, do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you, wherever you go.



Sunday, January 29, 2012

A little something I wrote

I'm not done with it yet, and I don't have it where I want it quite yet either, but it's been sitting in my google docs for some time now, and I thought I'd at least post what I have.
I don't have a title yet either, but here it is.

Seven years ago, I first held her in my arms
I was only 8 years old, but I could see something was wrong
my daddy took my hand and said, she’s gonna be okay
I turned around and daddy heard me say

I’m gonna hold her hand all the way
every hour of every day
I’m gonna hold her hand, until she can stand
‘cause she’s my sister

Well when she turned 3 years old, I began to understand
how long and hard this road would be, me holding sisters hand
Although I loved her very much, it was hard for me to see
How one day she might really be the sister I’d dreamed she’d be.

I still said
I’m gonna hold her hand all the way
every hour of every day
I’m gonna hold her hand, until she can stand
‘cause shes my sister

Now She’s almost 8 years old, she’s learning how to talk
She’s faced lots of challenges, to learn to sit, then stand, then walk

I'm not actually sure what it is, it started as a simple poem I wrote on afternoon while I was waiting for an email :P then I added more and started thinking it might be a cool song, then I was back to poem, trying to finish it, now I'm back and forth on writing a little melody format. *I'm not indecisive, really! At least I don't think I am :P*

So now you kind of have an idea as to what my google docs look like, full of unfinished ideas and such... not that I'm not trying to on this though, I just don't have a great idea for the second half of verse three. I want it to be special somehow.


...and now I'm rambling. Sorry :)

I'd write a more detailed post, but I have to go get ready for church now.

~Hannah

Oh, I was thinking of starting another blog, focused on writing, and books, so that might happen in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Hannah,

    That is so sweet :) I love it.

    ~beccs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a sweet poem/song Hannah, you did a good job. Is it about Gracie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much you two :) I'm not entirely happy with it, there's bits and pieces I want to tweak, but for the most part :)

    Gracy: Yes, it is about my little sister, and also about two of my cousins, Anna and Ellie.

    ReplyDelete